Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Randomnicity

What do you get when you have 5 former Austinities and 1 current Austinite who all descend upon the nation’s capital? You get this lovely photo below taken after we stuffed ourselves silly with Ethiopian food. (Notice the food coma state present in most of the people's eyes.)


It’s like the planets have aligned when the 6 of us never really even planned on spending this weekend together. It is a wonderful homecoming though, and so good to see these old friends who have been scattered all over the U.S .

My friend’s father who lives in D.C. and was also at dinner, told me this morning “What a great group of friends you guys have. I mean really!” I couldn’t agree more. I will take them as well as many others with me in my pocket wherever I go.

“Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.” – Benjamin Franklin
Happy 4th of July, dear friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only wish you had run into my mom in DC. That would have been awesome. Hope you are having fun!

blue dragonfly said...

That looks like so much fun! Yay for events conspiring to bring you all to the same place at the same time. So glad y'all were able to see each other and share good food together!

Post a Comment