Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

A Fashionable Public Servant

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not exactly a fashionista or a prima dona. Just ask my roommate Julie who has on occasion walked into my room and said “are you really going to wear pink ballet tights with that dress?” I like to call my wardrobe choices “inventive” or “thinking outside of the box” but perhaps she was right on that particular occasion.

I’ve been here 9 weeks, however, and I’m completely bored with every choice of clothing I have which to be honest is like 3 or 4 options. The tank top with the grey skirt, or the tank top with the wrap around skirt, or maybe the tank top with the capris. Hey it’s really hot here! But even my clothes look tired and worn out. It’s like they want to be taken out on a long walk in the forest behind the house and be put out of their misery. . .

You know what this reminds me of? If you’re thinking of that Simpsons episode where Marge buys the pink Chanel suit and sews it into various styles of dresses that would be correcto! Congratulations, you have just won a cookie. Payment to be made in full later. IF only I had brought a sewing machine. Note to self: tell Class 6 to bring a sewing machine or bee dazzler to liven up their outfits on IPSP’s.

So without further adieu here is the complete episode, an oldie but goody from 1996: Scenes from the Class Struggle in Springfield. (Trivia: this is the first instance a female writer and director were credited in a Simpsons episode.)


The Simpsons 714 Scenes from the Class Struggle in Springfield

As Lisa Simpson exclaimed, “You look so sophisticated. Just like Mary Hart!” May you all look as sophisticated as Mary Hart on your public service projects this summer. [insert laugh track here]

5 comments:

Deborah Sellnow-Richmond said...

I feel like a frump everyday now and i've only been here 6 weeks... especially now that i'm going to the beach with camille who i know will look fabulous. barf all over my clothes. but i was glad my bag was light when i was getting here!

Captain Judy said...

Little Debbie, please oh please tell me you took your tights with flowers on them that we bought when we went to the mall just before I left!

Deborah Sellnow-Richmond said...

I have been WISHING they were here, but I though something that tight on my legs would end up being something like Ross and the leather pants on friends...

They aren't even in KY so I can't wear them again until I'm back in the Rock!!!

Hallie said...

When I came back from India, I threw away a lot of stretched out, sweat stained...um...articles.

PS Check out my latest blog post. You and Debbie I feel like will especially appreciate Toy Story 3.

Captain Judy said...

You've got the right idea, Hallie, tho I kinda want to burn my island clothes.

Post a Comment