Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stop throwing your plastic bottles in India's backyard

A few months ago I participated in a faciliation discussion with GrassRoots, a subgroup of Metroplan which aims to make a green agenda for Central Arkansas. They are a fabulous organization headed by Jasmin Moore, and doing some great things for the community. Check out their blog which has tons of green posts.

During the facilitation, we watched this very interesting video about The Story of Bottled Water. If you haven't seen it, please watch the video below.


I think about that video every time I come across plastic bottles. They are literally everywhere. Sadly enough I see forgotten bottles every single day here in St. Lucia. As I walk up the hill to my home, smushed plastic bottles on the road. When I walk through the city they are gathered in the irrigation ditches. And when I walk or jog along the beach, there are no doubt a few bottles here and there dotting the formally pristine beach.

The 3 R's of conservation: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle have recently adopted a 4th R. RESPECT. So with that, let's all try to add that 4th R as we go about our day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment